24.121.407 PREMISES AND GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
(1) The premises of all salons, shops, and schools must be kept in clean and safe conditions at all times.
(2) No services connected with a salon, shop, or school can be conducted in any room used as living or sleeping quarters.
(3) No other business, service, or practice may be conducted or provided in a salon, shop, or school, except those regulated by the board or related to the industries regulated by the board, unless separated by a full-length partition.
(4) Salons, shops, and schools must provide direct entry into the salon, shop, or school from a public access area.
(5) Furniture must be kept in clean and safe conditions at all times.
(6) Animals are permitted on the premises of a salon or shop only as follows:
(a) Animals assisting individuals with disabilities must be accompanied as specified in 49-4-214, MCA.
(b) Dogs may be permitted on the premises at any time at the discretion of the licensee, after the licensee:
(i) provides proof of current rabies vaccination records for each dog on the premises, and makes such proof available to the board inspector;
(ii) provides a certificate of insurance for liability insurance covering each dog on the premises and maintains a copy of the certificate on the premises; and
(iii) posts a legible sign at or near the entrance of the salon or shop indicating that there is a dog present on the premises.
(c) Fish are permitted in enclosed tanks or aquariums only.
(d) All other animals are prohibited on the premises of salons or shops at any time, unless the licensee has submitted a request for a variance that has been approved by the board as provided in rule.
(7) Single service disposable drinking cups may be available for clients.
History: 37-1-131, 37-31-203, 37-31-204, MCA; IMP, 37-31-204, 37-31-311, MCA; NEW, 2005 MAR p. 99, Eff. 11/19/04; AMD, 2007 MAR p. 859, Eff. 6/22/07; AMD, 2008 MAR p. 382, Eff. 2/29/08; AMD, 2015 MAR p. 2034, Eff. 11/13/15.