17.86.106 DETERMINATION OF BOND AMOUNT
(1) The department shall set the bond amount at the estimated amount for the department to perform the decommissioning work required of an owner.
(2) The bond amount must be based on:
(a) estimated costs submitted by the owner in accordance with ARM 17.86.105 with such costs estimated by using current machinery production handbooks and publications or other documented or substantiated cost estimates acceptable to the department;
(b) estimated costs to the department that may arise from applicable public contracting requirements or the need to bring personnel and equipment to the facility after its abandonment by the owner to perform decommissioning and reclamation work;
(c) estimated costs to the department that may arise from management and maintenance of the facility upon owner insolvency or abandonment, until full bond liquidation can be effected; and
(d) other cost information as may be required by or available to the department.
(3) In determining the amount of a bond required in accordance with ARM 17.86.107, the department shall provide the owner with a preliminary bond determination, consult with the owner, and consider:
(a) the character and nature of the site where the facility is located; and
(b) the current market salvage value of the facility, as set forth in the decommissioning plan.
(4) The line items in the bond calculations are estimates only and are not limits on spending of any part of the bond to complete any particular task subsequent to forfeiture of the bond or settlement in the context of bond forfeiture proceedings.
(5) The department shall notify the owner of the facility by mail of any modification to the decommissioning plan and bond amount. The owner of the facility may appeal the modification of the plan to the board within 60 days after the notice of the modification of the plan was mailed.