17.86.122 RELEASE OF BOND; USE OF BOND BY DEPARTMENT
(1) The department shall release a bond if the department is satisfied that an owner has properly decommissioned a facility in accordance with the decommissioning plan or as otherwise agreed to by the department in consultation with the land owner.
(2) At any time, an owner or any person authorized to act on behalf of the facility may petition the department for release of the bond or a portion thereof, and the department shall reply with a determination within 90 days unless the weather does not permit access to the facility or a representative of the owner is not available within the 90-day period. The owner must allow and accompany the department in an inspection of the facility to verify the adequacy of decommissioning and reclamation proposed for bond release.
(3) An owner shall commence decommissioning and reclamation activities within 90 days of abandonment, unless the owner receives department approval of an alternative written plan for decommissioning and reclamation.
(4) The department may forfeit a bond in part or in full if the department finds that the owner fails to decommission the facility in accordance with the decommissioning plan and has not commenced action to rectify deficiencies within 90 days after notification by the department.
(5) Upon bond forfeiture for an abandoned facility, the department, with staff, equipment, and material under its control or by contract with others, may take any necessary action to decommission the facility.
(6) Before decommissioning is considered complete, each owner shall file a map with the local county recorder showing the location of any remaining wind turbine foundation and its depth. A copy of the map and associated documents shall be sent to the department.