37.90.418 HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES FOR ADULTS WITH SEVERE AND DISABLING MENTAL ILLNESS: CONSULTATIVE CLINICAL AND THERAPEUTIC SERVICES
(1) Consultative clinical and therapeutic services provide comprehensive expertise, training, and technical assistance to improve the ability of providers and caregivers to carry out therapeutic interventions and reduce challenges that may be interfering with a member's daily functioning, independence, and quality of life.
(2) Consultative clinical and therapeutic services include:
(a) a clinical/functional evaluation;
(b) implementation of positive behavioral supports as part of the member's Person-Centered Recovery Plan (PCRP);
(c) training and technical assistance for the member's paid and non-paid caregivers to implement the positive behavioral supports; and
(d) monitoring the member's response to the positive behavioral supports and updating the PCRP if necessary.
(3) Consultative clinical and therapeutic services must meet a documented behavioral need that cannot be addressed through other waiver or state plan services.
(4) Consultative clinical and therapeutic services may be provided by a:
(d) licensed clinical professional counselor; or
(e) licensed clinical social worker.
(5) Training must be aimed at assisting the provider and caregiver in meeting the needs of the member and must include instruction to implement the positive behavioral supports outlined in the member's PCRP.