37.90.447 HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES FOR ADULTS WITH SEVERE AND DISABLING MENTAL ILLNESS: PRIVATE DUTY NURSING
(1) Private duty nursing are medically necessary nursing services delivered to a member in their place of residence.
(2) Private duty nursing may be provided by:
(a) a licensed registered nurse (RN); or
(b) a licensed practical nurse (LPN) under the supervision of a RN, physician, dentist, osteopath, or podiatrist authorized by the state of Montana to prescribe medication.
(3) Private duty nurses may be employed by a home health care provider or self-employed.
(4) Private duty nursing may be provided when Home Health Agency services under state plan, defined in ARM 37.40.701, are not appropriate or available.
(5) Private duty nursing must be prescribed by an appropriately licensed medical professional.
(6) Private duty nurses must comply with the Montana Nurse Practice Act.