37.90.450 HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES FOR ADULTS WITH SEVERE AND DISABLING MENTAL ILLNESS: NONMEDICAL TRANSPORTATION
(1) Nonmedical transportation is the provision to a member of transportation through common carrier or private vehicle for access to social or other nonmedical activities.
(2) Nonmedical transportation services are provided only after volunteer transportation services, or transportation services funded by other programs, have been exhausted.
(3) Nonmedical transportation may be provided by accessible transportation providers, cabs, personal care provider agencies, and Life Coaches. Nonmedical transportation providers must show proof of:
(a) a valid Montana driver's license; and
(b) adequate automobile insurance.
(4) Nonmedical transportation services must be:
(a) provided by the most cost-effective mode; and
(b) provided only after all volunteer, state plan, or other publicly funded transportation programs have been exhausted or determined inappropriate.
(5) Nonmedical transportation services are available only for the transport of members to and from activities identified in the member's Person-Centered Recovery Plan.