37.90.416 HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES FOR ADULTS WITH SEVERE AND DISABLING MENTAL ILLNESS: PAIN AND SYMPTOM MANAGEMENT
(1) Pain and symptom management is defined as a service that provides traditional and nontraditional methods of pain reduction or management.
(2) Allowable non-traditional or mind-body therapies include:
(c) massage therapy;
(d) craniosacral therapy;
(f) biofeedback; and
(g) pain mitigation counseling/coaching.
(3) Allowable traditional therapies include:
(a) chiropractic therapy; and
(b) nursing services by a nurse specializing in pain and symptom management.
(4) The service must be prescribed by a licensed health care professional.
(5) The service must be documented in the member's Person-Centered Recovery Plan and:
(a) address the member's chronic or acute symptoms, complaints, or complications indicating the need for services;
(b) include the number of authorized sessions; and
(c) document the expected outcomes of the provision of the service.
(6) Services must be provided by a person licensed or certified to provide the service.