18.8.415 MONTHLY - QUARTERLY G.V.W. FEES
(1) The quarter fee shall be one fourth of the fee set forth in 61-10-201 and 61-10-203, MCA, if the gross weight exceeds 24,000 pounds. For purposes of (1) through (4) of this rule, a quarter shall be any consecutive three-month period.
(2) Any combination of consecutive monthly fees shall be issued on one receipt and only one $5.00 additional fee shall be charged. Payment of gross weight fees for nonconsecutive months requires a separate receipt for each month and the payment of the $5.00 additional fee for each receipt.
(3) Upon expiration of gross weight fees purchased for three or more consecutive months, the owner or operator of the vehicle must within ten calendar days or seven business days, whichever is greater, pay the required fee for at least one additional month before the vehicle may be operated on public highways. No grace period is granted to owners of vehicles when gross weight fees are purchased for a one-month period, two-month period, or any combination of nonconsecutive months.
(4) The $5.00 additional fee is not collected when an Owner's Certification of Registration and Tax Receipt is issued or a Registration Purposes Only Receipt (R.P.O.) is issued (T, TR, R.P.O.).
(5) Fees paid on an annual basis will be granted a grace period equal to the Montana Vehicle Registration.
(6) The G.V.W. fee receipt will state the issue date, effective date, and expiration date. The receipt is valid for the time period between the effective date and the expiration date, inclusive of any applicable grace period.
History: 61-10-155, MCA; IMP, 61-10-121, 61-10-122, 61-10-124, 61-10-125, 61-10-141, 61-10-209, MCA; Eff. 12/31/72; AMD, 1988 MAR p. 1704, Eff. 7/29/88; AMD, 1994 MAR p. 1148, Eff. 4/29/94; AMD, 1996 MAR p. 2980, Eff. 7/19/96; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 206, Eff. 1/27/06; AMD, 2012 MAR p.1350, Eff. 7/13/12.