In addition to the definitions found in 23-7-103, MCA, the following definitions apply to this chapter:
(1) "Chain" means three or more places of business having the same owner.
(2) "License" means the document issued by the lottery which authorizes a retailer to sell lottery tickets at a fixed place of business.
(3) "Lottery ticket" means all lottery tickets, including scratch tickets and terminal-issued tickets.
(4) "Place of business" means the premises where any Montana business is conducted and includes but is not limited to:
(a) retail businesses;
(b) businesses of religious, charitable, civic, or fraternal organizations;
(c) senior citizen centers; and
(d) businesses of the state or any of its political subdivisions.
(5) "Player" means a person who:
(a) has purchased a lottery game ticket, chance, wager, or bet; and
(b) is not restricted from purchase under 23-7-302, MCA.
(6) "Provisional license" means a license issued by the director which temporarily authorizes a licensee to conduct the sale of lottery tickets pending processing of the license application.
(7) "Scratch ticket" means a lottery ticket that has a removable coating covering symbols that determine the amount of prize a player can win.
(8) Terminal-issued ticket" means a lottery ticket printed by a terminal connected to a computer.
History: 23-7-202, MCA; IMP, 23-7-301, 23-7-302, MCA; NEW, 1987 MAR p. 883, Eff. 6/26/87; AMD, 1990 MAR p. 226, Eff. 1/26/90; TRANS, from Commerce, 2001 MAR p. 2407; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 526, Eff. 2/24/06; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 1387, Eff. 6/27/14; AMD, 2018 MAR p. 1155, Eff. 6/23/18; AMD, 2019 MAR p. 2229, Eff. 12/7/19.