24.26.612 PETITIONS FOR NEW UNIT DETERMINATION AND ELECTION
(1) A petition for new unit determination and election may be filed with the board by a labor organization or a group of employees.
(2) The original petition shall be signed by the petitioner(s) or their authorized representative.
(3) The original petition and three copies of the petition shall be filed with the board.
(4) The petition shall contain:
(a) a description of the unit to be determined specifying inclusions and exclusions;
(b) a statement as to whether there is any known disagreement between the employer and the petitioner as to the nature and scope of the proposed unit and the reasons for the disagreement;
(c) the names of all labor organizations known to the petitioner who claim to represent employees in the proposed unit;
(d) the expiration dates and brief description of any contracts covering any employees in the proposed unit;
(e) the approximate number of employees in the proposed unit; and
(f) any other relevant facts.
(5) The petition shall be accompanied by proof, consisting of authorization cards, or copies thereof, from 30% of the employees in the proposed unit, which have been individually signed and dated within 6 months of the date of the filing of the petition. The cards shall indicate that the signatories desire to be represented for collective bargaining purposes by the petitioner.
(6) The board shall serve a copy of the petition upon the public employer.
History: Sec. 39-31-104, MCA; IMP, 39-31-207, MCA; NEW, Eff. 6/4/74; AMD, 1993 MAR p. 3026, Eff. 1/1/94.