In addition to those definitions contained in 50-51-102, MCA, the following definitions apply to this subchapter:
(1) "Bedding" means a mattress, box springs, mattress cover, mattress pad, sheets, pillow slip, pillow, pillow cover, blanket, comforter, quilt, duvet, and bedspread.
(2) "Building authority" means the Building Codes Bureau, Montana Department of Labor and Industry, or a local government building inspector enforcing a local building code enforcement program certified by the Department of Labor and Industry.
(3) "Department" means the Department of Public Health and Human Services.
(4) "Establishment" means a facility providing sleeping accommodations to the public, such as a hotel, motel, tourist home, or rooming house, including boarding house, hostel, or vacation rental. For the purpose of this subchapter, establishment does not include a "bed and breakfast," "guest ranch," or "outfitting and guide facility."
(5) "Fire authority" means the state fire marshal or the state fire marshal's authorized agent.
(6) "Fixture" means a shower, bathtub, toilet, toilet seat, urinal, handwashing sink, kitchen sink, janitor sink, dishwashing sink, and all exposed plumbing integral to them.
(7) "Guest" means each person using any provided services such as a bed or bathing facility within any unit of an establishment.
(8) "License" means a written document issued by the department authorizing the operation of an establishment.
(9) "Local health authority" means a local health officer, sanitarian, or sanitarian-in-training.
(10) "Sanitarian" means the person who is qualified under Title 37, chapter 40, part 3, MCA, and represents the health officer.
(11) "Sanitize" means the application of a 100 to 200 parts per million (ppm) solution of household bleach, approximately 5% by weight, for at least ten seconds.
(12) "Shock disinfection" means an application of a chemical disinfectant to a water supply in order to kill all microorganisms. The chemical disinfectant is usually chlorine at a concentration much stronger than allowed in potable water, or another method approved by the local health authority.
(13) "Sleeping accommodation" means the provision of sleeping quarters where the linen service or housekeeping service are provided by management or by the guests under the direct supervision of management. Sleeping accommodation does not include a place of residency subject to the Residential Landlord and Tenant Act of 1977, Title 70, chapter 24, MCA.
(14) "Wastewater system" means a sewage treatment and disposal system.
History: 50-51-103, MCA; IMP, 50-51-103, MCA; NEW, 1982 MAR p. 1049, Eff. 5/14/82; TRANS, from DHES, 2001 MAR p. 2425; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 1042, Eff. 5/25/12.