44.5.301 REQUIREMENTS FOR ANNUAL REPORT ONLINE FILING
(1) Annual reports filed through the use of Internet technology are considered to be annual reports filed online.
(2) An annual report may be filed online without the signature of the authorized agent.
(3) Online filing is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
(4) Except for dissolved entities applying for reinstatement, online filing is not available for domestic corporations or domestic limited liability companies after the first business day in December until the first business day in January. Except for revoked entities applying for recertification, online filing is not available for foreign corporations and foreign limited liability companies after the first business day in November until the first business day in January.
(5) Submitters will be notified through the online system when the site is unavailable due to technology problems or system maintenance.
(6) An annual report document that is successfully completed and submitted online will be considered filed upon receipt by the Secretary of State's office. The online technology application will ensure the document is properly completed prior to acceptance. The submitter will be notified by an online message if required fields are not properly completed. A message confirming successful completion and acceptance will appear online when the filing is accepted.
(7) Submitters should retain their acknowledgement message as proof that the online filing was received by the Secretary of State's office. The acknowledgement message will contain a unique filing number, filing date, and time.
(8) The online annual reports will be rejected if information is omitted.
(9) The submitter will be notified through the online site if the electronically filed annual report is rejected. If a filing is later determined to be improper the Secretary of State's office will notify the submitter via phone, fax, or e-mail notification.
(10) The date and time a successfully submitted online filing is considered to be effective is the date and time the document was accepted by the Secretary of State's office.
History: 2-15-401, 2-15-404, 35-1-1307, 35-1-1308, 35-1-1315, MCA; IMP, 2-15-404, 35-1-1104, 35-2-904, 35-8-208, MCA; NEW, 2008 MAR p. 2056, Eff. 10/1/08; AMD, 2017 MAR p. 1678, Eff. 9/23/17.