BEFORE THE BOARD OF PARDONS AND PAROLE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the adoption of New Rule I pertaining to parole guidelines and the amendment of ARM 20.25.704 pertaining to conditional discharge from supervision
AMENDED NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED ADOPTION AND AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On August 28, 2020, the Board of Pardons and Parole (board) published MAR Notice No. 20-25-70 pertaining to the public hearing on the proposed adoption and amendment of the above-stated rules at page 1556 of the 2020 Montana Administrative Register, Issue No. 16.
2. It is necessary for the board to clarify information published in the original proposal notice pertaining to the remote conferencing platform that will be used for the conduct of the public hearing and to correct information concerning the means by which participants may present data, views, or arguments during the remote conferencing hearing. The proposed rule adoption and rule amendments are unchanged from the original proposal notice, but the public hearing date has been changed.
3. On October 1, 2020, at 11:00 a.m., the board will hold a public hearing via remote conferencing to consider the proposed adoption and amendment of the above-stated rules. Because there currently exists a state of emergency in Montana due to the public health crisis caused by the coronavirus, there will be no in-person hearing. Interested parties may access the remote conferencing platform in the following ways:
(a) Join Zoom Meeting at: https://mt-gov.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_CVo9BOPuRcCIe-psFIaJ_A; or
(b) Dial by telephone +1 646 558 8656; meeting ID: 964 7135 5644. Find your local number: https://mt-gov.zoom.us/u/ad6NjwGku4.
4. The board will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Corrections no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 24, 2020, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Griffin Burns, Department of Corrections, P. O. Box 201301, Helena, Montana 59620-1301; telephone (406) 444-1551; fax (406) 444-3920; TDD/Montana Relay Service (406) 444-4290; or e-mail GBurns@mt.gov.
5. Concerned persons may also submit written data, views, or arguments to: Griffin Burns, Department of Corrections, 5 S. Last Chance Gulch, P.O. Box 201301, Helena, Montana 59620-1301; telephone (406) 444-1551; fax (406) 444-4920; or e-mail GBurns@mt.gov, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., October 9, 2020.
/s/ Colleen E. Ambrose /s/ Annette Carter
Colleen E. Ambrose Annette Carter
Rule Reviewer Chair
Board of Pardons and Parole
Certified to the Secretary of State September 1, 2020.