BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 37.85.105 pertaining to updating Medicaid provider rates, fee schedules, and effective dates
AMENDED NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On November 6, 2020 the Department of Public Health and Human Services published MAR Notice No. 37-933 pertaining to the public hearing on the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule at page 2048 of the 2020 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 21. In that notice, the department stated that it will hold a public hearing on November 30, 2020, at 10:00 a.m., via remote conferencing to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule. There are no changes to this scheduled public hearing. Interested parties may access the remote conferencing platform in the following ways:
(a) Join Zoom Meeting at: https://mt-gov.zoom.us/j/94117725120; meeting ID: 941 1772 5120;
(b) Dial by telephone +1 646 558 8656; meeting ID: 941 1772 5120. Find your local number: https://mt-gov.zoom.us/u/abMUGCWUVb.
2. The Department of Public Health and Human Services will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Public Health and Human Services no later than 5:00 p.m. on November 25, 2020, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Heidi Clark, Department of Public Health and Human Services, Office of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 4210, Helena MT 59604-4210; telephone (406) 444-4094; fax (406) 444-9744; or e-mail email@example.com.
3. The department is supplementing the proposal notice to add the fee schedule for mobile imaging services, which the department mistakenly left out of the original notice. The department proposes to revise the effective date for the mobile imaging fee schedule to reflect updated Medicare procedure codes adopted by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, effective January 1, 2021. The proposed update to the fee schedule will ensure providers can accurately and timely bill for services they provide to Medicaid members.
4. The proposed amendment to the rule is being amended as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
37.85.105 Effective dates, CONVERSION FACTORS, POLICY ADJUSTERS, AND COST-TO-CHARGE RATIOS of Montana Medicaid Provider Fee Schedules (1) and (2) remain as proposed.
(3) The department adopts and incorporates by reference, the fee schedule for the following programs within the Health Resources Division, on the date stated.
(a) through (x) remain as proposed.
(y) The mobile imaging services fee schedule, as provided in ARM 37.85.212, is effective
July 1, 2020 January 1, 2021.
(z) through (6) remain as proposed.
AUTH: 53-2-201, 53-6-113, MCA
IMP: 53-2-201, 53-6-101, 53-6-125, 53-6-402, MCA
5. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments concerning the proposed action in writing to: Heidi Clark, Office of Legal Affairs, Department of Public Health and Human Services, P.O. Box 4210, Helena MT 59604-4210, no later than 5:00 p.m. on December 4, 2020. Comments may also be faxed to (406) 444-9744 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
/s/ Brenda K. Elias /s/ Erica Johnston for Sheila Hogan
Brenda K. Elias Sheila Hogan, Director
Rule Reviewer Public Health and Human Services
Certified to the Secretary of State November 10, 2020.