BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On July 26, 2012 the Department of Public Health and Human Services published MAR Notice No. 37-596 pertaining to the public hearing on the proposed amendment and repeal of the above-stated rules at page 1514 of the 2012 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 14.
2. The Department of Public Health and Human Services will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact Department of Public Health and Human Services no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 10, 2012, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Kenneth Mordan, Department of Public Health and Human Services, Office of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 4210, Helena MT 59604-4210; telephone (406) 444-4094; fax (406) 444-9744; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The department has received several comments from providers of high fidelity wraparound facilitation services expressing concern over the "encounter" unit of service and the minimum face-to-face billable time of 50 minutes. These providers voiced concern that the encounter unit and rate were not adequate to reflect the coordination requirements of high fidelity wraparound facilitation. The department has recalculated the rate of reimbursement to a 15-minute unit of service and will clarify that the 15-minute unit of service is for direct contact with the youth/family and for coordination specific to the youth/family. Paperwork, travel time, and mileage to and from the youth/family home, supervision, and other overhead will be included in the rate and not billable as a separate 15-minute unit of service.
4. This clarification of reimbursement rates and wraparound facilitation services is being made in Appendix A and pages 8 through 10 of the Home and Community-Based Services Bridge Waiver for Youth with Serious Emotional Disturbance Policy Manual which has been incorporated by reference. A copy of the manual may be obtained from the Department of Public Health and Human Services, Developmental Services Division, Children's Mental Health Bureau, 111 Sanders, P.O. Box 4210, Helena, MT 59604 or at http://www.dphhs.mt.gov/mentalhealth/children/.
5. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments concerning the proposed action in writing to: Kenneth Mordan, Office of Legal Affairs, Department of Public Health and Human Services, P.O. Box 4210, Helena MT 59604-4210, no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 13, 2012. Comments may also be faxed to (406) 444-9744 or e-mailed to email@example.com.
/s/ Cary B. Lund /s/ Anna Whiting Sorrell
Rule Reviewer Anna Whiting Sorrell, Director
Public Health and Human Services
Certified to the Secretary of State August 27, 2012.