BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES OF THE
STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 37.87.1313 pertaining to 1915(i) home and community-based services (HCBS) state plan program for youth with serious emotional disturbance
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On November 6, 2013, at 1:30 p.m., the Department of Public Health and Human Services will hold a public hearing in Room 207 of the Department of Public Health and Human Services Building, 111 North Sanders, at Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Public Health and Human Services will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact Department of Public Health and Human Services no later than 5:00 p.m. on October 30, 2013, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Kenneth Mordan, Department of Public Health and Human Services, Office of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 4210, Helena, Montana, 59604-4210; telephone (406) 444-4094; fax (406) 444-9744; or e-mail email@example.com.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
37.87.1313 1915(i) HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES (HCBS) STATE PLAN PROGRAM FOR YOUTH WITH SERIOUS EMOTIONAL DISTURBANCE: FEDERAL AUTHORIZATION AND AUTHORITY OF STATE TO ADMINISTER PROGRAM (1) through (3) remain the same.
(4) The 1915(i) home and community-based services state plan program for youth with serious emotional disturbance must be delivered in accordance with the requirements and limitations of the 1915(i) HCBS State Plan Program for Youth with Serious Emotional Disturbance Policy Manual dated
July 1 December 13, 2013.
(5) The department adopts and incorporates by reference the 1915(i) HCBS State Plan Program for Youth with Serious Emotional Disturbance Policy Manual, dated
July 1 December 13, 2013. A copy of the manual may be obtained from the Department of Public Health and Human Services, Developmental Services Division, Children's Mental Health Bureau, 111 North Sanders, P.O. Box 4210, Helena, MT 59604 or at http://www.dphhs.mt.gov/mentalhealth/children/.
AUTH: 53-6-113, MCA
IMP: 53-6-101, MCA
4. STATEMENT OF REASONABLE NECESSITY
The Department of Public Health and Human Services (department) is proposing to amend ARM 37.87.1313 to reflect approval of the department's amendment to the 1915(i) HCBS State Plan Amendment (SPA) by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
On September 20, 2013, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) approved the department's amendment to the 1915(i) HCBS SPA effective July 1, 2013; the department received notification of the approval on September 24, 2013. This proposed amendment to the state plan is necessary due to the decrease in funding for the Utilization Review (UR) Contract during the 63rd Montana Legislature. The amendments to the state plan move the functions previously performed by the UR contractor staff to the Regional Managers employed by the department. This rule amendment is necessary to revise the 1915(i) HCBS State Plan Program for Youth with Serious Emotional Disturbance Policy Manual adopted and incorporated by reference in rule to reflect the state plan amendment.
There is no fiscal impact associated with this proposed rule amendment.
5. The department intends to adopt these rule amendments effective retroactive to October 1, 2013. A retroactive application of the proposed rules does not result in a negative impact to any affected party.
6. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to: Kenneth Mordan, Department of Public Health and Human Services, Office of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 4210, Helena, Montana, 59604-4210; fax (406) 444-9744; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., November 14, 2013.
7. The Office of Legal Affairs, Department of Public Health and Human Services, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
8. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the contact person in 6 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
9. An electronic copy of this proposal notice is available through the Secretary of State's web site at http://sos.mt.gov/ARM/Register. The Secretary of State strives to make the electronic copy of the notice conform to the official version of the notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the notice and the electronic version of the notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the Secretary of State works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
10. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
11. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the amendment of the above-referenced rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ John C. Koch /s/ Richard H. Opper
John C. Koch Richard H. Opper, Director
Rule Reviewer Public Health and Human Services
Certified to the Secretary of State October 7, 2013.