BEFORE THE BOARD OF CHIROPRACTORS
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
STATE OF MONTANA
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On May 23, 2013, the Board of Chiropractors (board) published MAR Notice No. 24-126-33 regarding the public hearing on the proposed amendment of the above-stated rules at page 809 of the 2013 Montana Administrative Register, Issue No. 10.
2. On June 13, 2013, a public hearing was held on the proposed amendment of the above-stated rules in Helena. Several comments were received by the June 21, 2013, deadline.
3. The board has thoroughly considered the comments and testimony received. No comments or testimony were received regarding ARM 24.126.701 or 24.126.2103. One general comment was received as follows:
COMMENT 1: Two commenters stated that the CE requirement for one hour per year in ethics is an unnecessary, cumbersome burden, is cost-prohibitive, and asked the board to reconsider the four credits over four-year requirement.
RESPONSE 1: The board notes that this comment relates to a rule not proposed for change in this notice. The board is therefore unable to address the comment at this time, but may address the concerns in a future discussion or rulemaking project.
4. The board has amended ARM 24.126.701 and 24.126.2103 exactly as proposed.
5. The board is not amending ARM 24.126.301 at this time. The board received numerous thoughtful comments regarding the proposed amendment to the definition of physiotherapy. Following review and consideration of all comments received, and due to concerns raised by commenters and by the board itself, the board has decided to not amend ARM 24.126.301 as proposed at this time, but will continue the discussion on the issue during future public meetings.
6. The board is not amending ARM 24.126.2105 at this time. The board received numerous thoughtful comments regarding the proposed amendment to limit licensees to a maximum of six CE credits from online courses per year. The board intends to engage in further review and will rework proposed rule language due to concerns and questions raised at the rules hearing and in written comments.
BOARD OF CHIROPRACTORS
SCOTT HANSING, D.C., PRESIDENT
/s/ DARCEE L. MOE /s/ PAM BUCY
Darcee L. Moe Pam Bucy, Commissioner
Rule Reviewer DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Certified to the Secretary of State October 21, 2013