BEFORE THE Department of FISH, WILDLIFE AND PARKS
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the adoption of a Temporary Emergency Rule pertaining to Council Grove State Park in Missoula County
NOTICE OF ADOPTION OF TEMPORARY EMERGENCY RULE
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. The Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks (department) is adopting the following emergency rule because excessive snow load, ice, and flooding at the entrance road to Council Grove State Park has rendered the road impassable to most vehicles.
2. The department will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in the rulemaking process and need an alternative accessible format of the notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the department no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 11, 2014, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Jessica Snyder, Fish, Wildlife and Parks, 1420 East Sixth Avenue, P.O. Box 200701, Helena, MT 59620-0701; telephone (406) 444-9785; fax (406) 444-7456; or e-mail email@example.com.
3. The temporary emergency rule is effective March 10, 2014, when this rule notice is filed with the Secretary of State.
4. The text of the temporary emergency rule provides as follows:
NEW RULE I COUNCIL GROVE STATE PARK TEMPORARY EMERGENCY CLOSURE (1) Council Grove State Park is located in Missoula County.
(2) Council Grove State Park is closed to all public occupation.
AUTH: 2-4-303, 23-1-106, MCA
IMP: 2-4-303, 23-1-106, MCA
5. The rationale for the temporary emergency rule is as set forth in paragraph 1.
6. This rule is in effect as long as the danger exists. Posted signs regarding the emergency closure will be removed when the rule is no longer effective. Notice of repeal of this emergency rule will be published in the Montana Administrative Register.
7. Concerned persons are encouraged to submit their comments during the upcoming standard rulemaking process. If concerned persons wish to be personally notified of that rulemaking process, they should submit their names and addresses to: Mike Hathaway, Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks, 3201 Spurgin Road, Missoula, MT 59804; fax (406) 542-5529; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Any comments must be received no later than April 25, 2014.
8. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notice of rulemaking actions proposed by the department or commission. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make written request that includes the name and mailing address of the person to receive the notice and specifies the subject or subjects about which the person wishes to receive notice. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to Fish, Wildlife and Parks, Legal Unit, P.O. Box 200701, 1420 East Sixth Avenue, Helena, MT 59620-0701, faxed to the office at (406) 444-7456, or may be made by completing the request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
9. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
/s/ Mike Volesky
Chief of Staff
Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks
/s/ Zach Zipfel
Certified to the Secretary of State March 10, 2014.