BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 8.94.3727 pertaining to the administration of the 2015-2016 Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On May 20, 2015, at 10:00 a.m., the Department of Commerce will hold a public hearing in Room 228 of the Park Avenue Building at 301 South Park Avenue, Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Commerce will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact Department of Commerce no later than 5:00 p.m. on May 14, 2015, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Stacey Zyliak, Community Development Division, Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2791; fax (406) 841-2771; TDD (406) 841-2702; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
8.94.3727 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE 2015-2016 CDBG PROGRAM (1) The Department of Commerce adopts and incorporates by reference the following as rules for the administration of the CDBG and NSP programs:
(a) the Montana Community Development Block Grant Program FFY 2015-2016 Application Guidelines for
Housing and Public Facilities Community Planning Grants;
(b) the FFY 2015-2016 Application Guidelines for Noncompetitive Housing Grants;
(c) the FFY 2011 Application Guidelines for the Community Development Block Grant Economic Development Program as amended April 2012;
(d) the FFY 2012 Application Guidelines for the Community Development Block Grant Economic Development Program
; the Montana Community Development Block Grant Economic Development Program FFY 2013-2014 Application Guidelines for Planning Projects;
(e) the Montana Community Development Block Grant Program and Neighborhood Stabilization Program FFY 2015-2016 Grant Administration Manual
published as rules for the administration of the CDBG and NSP programs; and
(f) the Montana Community Development Block Grant Program FFY 2015-2016 Application Guidelines for Public Facilities Projects; and
(g) the FFY 2015-2016 Application Guidelines for Housing and Neighborhood Renewal Projects.
(2) The rules incorporated by reference in (1) relate to the following:
(a) policies governing the program;
(b) requirements for applicants;
(c) procedures for evaluating applications;
(d) procedures for local project start up;
(e) environmental review of project activities;
(f) procurement of goods and services;
(g) financial management;
(h) protection of civil rights;
(i) fair labor standards;
(j) acquisition of property and relocation of persons displaced thereby;
(k) administrative considerations specific to public facilities, housing and neighborhood renewal, economic development, and neighborhood stabilization projects;
(l) project audits;
(m) public relations;
(n) project monitoring; and
(o) planning assistance.
(3) Copies of the Application Guidelines and Grant Administration Manual adopted by reference in (1) can be viewed on the department's web site at
http://comdev.mt.gov/default.mcpx or http://comdev.mt.gov/planningbureau/planningbureau.mcpx http://comdev.mt.gov/CDBG/cdbgplanninggrants.mcpx, or may be obtained from the Department of Commerce, Community Development Division, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523.
AUTH: 90-1-103, MCA
IMP: 90-1-103, MCA
REASON: It is reasonably necessary to amend this rule because the federal regulations governing the state's administration of the FFY 2015-2016 Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG) and 90-1-103, MCA, require the department to adopt rules to implement the program.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments concerning the proposed action in writing to: Allison Mouch, Community Development Division, Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2551; fax (406) 841-2596; TDD (406) 841-2702; or e-mail email@example.com, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., May 28, 2015.
5. Maria Jackson, Department of Commerce, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
6. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the contact person in 4 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
7. An electronic copy of this proposal notice is available through the Secretary of State's web site at http://sos.mt.gov/ARM/Register. The Secretary of State strives to make the electronic copy of the notice conform to the official version of the notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the notice and the electronic version of the notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the Secretary of State works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
8. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
9. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the amendment of the above-referenced rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ Kelly A. Lynch /s/ Douglas Mitchell
KELLY A. LYNCH DOUGLAS MITCHELL
Rule Reviewer Deputy Director
Department of Commerce
Certified to the Secretary of State April 20, 2015