BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES OF THE
STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 37.40.422 pertaining to direct care wage effective dates
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On November 29, 2017, at 9:00 a.m., the Department of Public Health and Human Services will hold a public hearing in Room 207 of the Department of Public Health and Human Services Building, 111 North Sanders, at Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Public Health and Human Services will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Public Health and Human Services no later than 5:00 p.m. on November 17, 2017, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Kenneth Mordan, Department of Public Health and Human Services, Office of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 4210, Helena, Montana, 59604-4210; telephone (406) 444-4094; fax (406) 444-9744; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
37.40.422 DIRECT CARE AND ANCILLARY SERVICES WORKERS' WAGE REPORTING/ADDITIONAL PAYMENTS INCLUDING LUMP SUM PAYMENTS FOR DIRECT CARE AND ANCILLARY SERVICES WORKERS' WAGE AND BENEFIT INCREASES (1) Effective for the
period January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017 calendar year January through December, swing-bed hospitals must report to the department actual hourly wage and benefit rates paid for all direct care and ancillary services workers or the lump sum amounts paid for all direct care and ancillary services workers that will receive the benefit of a direct care and ancillary workers' wage and benefit increase.
(2) remains the same.
(3) The department will pay Medicaid certified swing-bed hospitals located in Montana, in accordance with this rule, lump sum payments in addition to the reimbursement rate to be used only for wage and benefit increases or lump sum payments for direct care or ancillary services workers in swing-bed hospitals.
(a) The department will determine lump sum payments January 1
, 2017 of the calendar year, and again six months from that date as a pro rata share of appropriated funds allocated for increases in direct care and ancillary services workers' wages and benefits or lump sum payments to direct care and ancillary services workers.
(b) through (4) remain the same.
AUTH: 53-2-201, 53-6-113, MCA
IMP: 53-2-201, 53-6-101, 53-6-111, MCA
4. STATEMENT OF REASONABLE NECESSITY
The Department of Public Health and Human Services (department) is proposing amendments to ARM 37.40.422.
The Medicaid adjustment for swing bed direct care wages is calculated annually. Previously the department changed the calendar year referenced in ARM 37.40.422 each year. We are deleting the reference to the year so this change will not have to be made for every new calendar year.
There are 44 hospitals/critical access hospitals (CAH) Medicaid swing bed providers. Fifteen of the providers will participate in the FY 2018 Direct Care Wage payment in the amount of $409,586. The swing bed direct care wage payments for SFY 2018 are to sustain the payments from SFY 2017.
5. The department intends to adopt these rule amendments effective January 1, 2018.
6. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to: Kenneth Mordan, Department of Public Health and Human Services, Office of Legal Affairs, P.O. Box 4210, Helena, Montana, 59604-4210; fax (406) 444-9744; or e-mail email@example.com, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., December 7, 2017.
7. The Office of Legal Affairs, Department of Public Health and Human Services, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
8. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the contact person in 6 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
9. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
10. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the amendment of the above-referenced rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ Geralyn Driscoll /s/ Shannon McDonald for
Geralyn Driscoll Sheila Hogan, Director
Rule Reviewer Public Health and Human Services
Certified to the Secretary of State October 30, 2017.