BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM
2.67.303 pertaining to rates for county
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On March 1, 2018, at 10:00 a.m., the Board of County Printing will hold a public hearing in Room 105 of the Old Livestock Building at 1310 E. Lockey, Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Administration will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact Department of Administration no later than 5:00 p.m. on February 22, 2018, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Angie Gifford, Department of Administration, 1310 E. Lockey Avenue, P.O. Box 200110, Helena, Montana 59620-1101; telephone (406) 444-0115; fax (406) 444-3039; Montana Relay Service 711; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The rule proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
2.67.303 OFFICIAL MAXIMUM PRICES AND PRINTING STANDARDS
(1) Rates for county legal advertising may not
be more than $12 exceed $13 for the first folio insertion and not more than $10 $11 for each subsequent insertion.
(2) through (5)(c) remain the same.
AUTH: 18-7-404, MCA
IMP: 18-7-411, MCA
STATEMENT OF REASONABLE NECESSITY: The board finds it necessary to propose increases to the current county legal advertising rates because, based on an analysis by the Montana Newspaper Association, production-related costs have increased approximately 10 percent since the rates were last raised in 2013. The proposed rates will help defray the increased costs to local newspapers. The remaining changes are proposed to simplify the rule language.
The rate increases will affect all Montana counties. There is no reasonable way to estimate the fiscal impact on counties because the number of advertisements a county places varies in any year.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to Angie Gifford, Department of Administration, 1310 E. Lockey Avenue, P.O. Box 200110, Helena, Montana 59620-1101; telephone (406) 444-0115; or e-mail email@example.com; and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., March 9, 2018.
5. Angie Gifford, Department of Administration, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
6. The Board of County Printing maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this board. Persons who wish to have their name added to the mailing list shall make a written request which includes the name and mailing address or e-mail address of the person to receive notices and specifies that the person wishes to receive notices regarding board rulemaking actions. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the contact person in 4 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the board.
7. An electronic copy of this proposal notice is available through the Board of County Printing web site at http://countyprinting.mt.gov/. The department strives to make its online version of the notice conform to the official published version, but advises all concerned persons that if a discrepancy exists between the official version and the department's online version, only the official text will be considered. In addition, although the department works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
8. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
9. The board has determined that under 2-4-111, MCA, the proposed amendment will not significantly and directly affect small businesses.
By: /s/ Roger Wagner By: /s/ Michael P. Manion
Roger Wagner, Chair Michael P. Manion, Rule Reviewer
Board of County Printing Department of Administration
Certified to the Secretary of State January 30, 2018.