BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 8.94.3817 pertaining to the administration of the 2020 Biennium Treasure State Endowment Program – Planning Grants
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On May 16, 2019, at 10:30 a.m., the Department of Commerce will hold a public hearing in Room 228 of the Park Avenue Building at 301 South Park Avenue, in Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Commerce will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Commerce no later than 5:00 p.m., May 13, 2019, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Bonnie Martello, Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200501, Helena, Montana 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2596; TDD 841-2702; fax (406) 841-2771; or e-mail DOCAdministrativeRules@mt.gov.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
8.94.3817 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE TREASURE STATE ENDOWMENT PROGRAM (TSEP) – PLANNING GRANTS (1) The Department of Commerce adopts and incorporates by reference the
2019 2020 Biennium Infrastructure Planning Grant Application and Administration Guidelines for TSEP Infrastructure Planning Grants as rules for the administration of the 2019 2020 Biennium Treasure State Endowment Program – Planning Grants.
(2) remains the same.
(3) Copies of the regulations adopted by reference in (1) may be obtained from the Department of Commerce, Planning Bureau, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523, or on the Planning Bureau web site at http://comdev.mt.gov/Programs/TSEP/PlanningGrants/Applying.
AUTH: 90-6-701, MCA
IMP: 90-6-701, MCA
REASON: It is reasonably necessary to amend this rule to reflect updated requirements to the 2020 biennium guidelines.
4. Concerned persons may present their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to: Bonnie Martello, Department of Commerce, Legal Department, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200501, Helena, Montana 59620-0533; telephone (406) 841-2596; fax (406) 841-2871; TDD (406) 841-2702; or e-mail DOCAdministrativeRules@mt.gov, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., May 24, 2019.
5. Bonnie Martello, Paralegal, Department of Commerce, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
6. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the contact person listed in 4 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
7. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
8. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the amendment of the above-referenced rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ Garrett R. Norcott /s/ Tara Rice
Garrett R. Norcott Tara Rice
Rule Reviewer Director
Department of Commerce
Certified to the Secretary of State on April 16, 2019.