BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 8.94.3728 pertaining to the administration of the 2021 Biennium Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program – Planning Grants
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On August 30, 2019, at 10:00 a.m., the Department of Commerce will hold a public hearing in Room 228 of the Park Avenue Building at 301 South Park Avenue, in Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Commerce will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Commerce no later than 5:00 p.m., August 28, 2019, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Bonnie Martello, Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200501, Helena, Montana 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2770; TDD 841-2702; fax (406) 841-2771; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
8.94.3728 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG) – PLANNING GRANTS (1) The Department of Commerce adopts and incorporates by reference the
2018-2019 2019-2020 Application and Administrative Guidelines for Housing, Public Facilities and Economic Development Planning Grants as rules for the administration of the 2018-2019 2019-2020 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program.
(2) The rules incorporated by reference in (1) relate to the scope and procedures for the award, administration, monitoring, and close-out of matching planning grants to cities, towns, counties, consolidated governments, county or multicounty water, wastewater or solid waste districts, and tribal governments.
(3) Copies of the regulations adopted by reference in (1) may be obtained from the Department of Commerce,
Planning Bureau, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523, or on the Planning Bureau web site at http://comdev.mt.gov/Programs/CDBG/PlanningActivities/Applying.
AUTH: 90-1-103, MCA
IMP: 90-1-103, MCA
REASON: It is reasonably necessary to amend this rule because the federal regulations governing the state's administration of the Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG) and 90-1-103, MCA, require the department to adopt rules to implement the program.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to the Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2770; TDD 841-2702; fax (406) 841-2771; or e-mail email@example.com, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., September 6, 2019.
5. Bonnie Martello, Paralegal, Department of Commerce, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
6. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the contact listed in 4 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
7. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
8. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the amendment of the above-referenced rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ Garrett Norcott /s/ Tara Rice
Garrett Norcott Tara Rice
Rule Reviewer Director
Department of Commerce
Certified to the Secretary of State on July 30, 2019.