BEFORE THE Department of PUBLIC
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 37.51.203, 37.51.310, and 37.51.1401 pertaining to foster care licensing requirements
CORRECTED NOTICE OF
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On February 23, 2018, the Department of Public Health and Human Services published MAR Notice No. 37-830 pertaining to the public hearing on the proposed amendment of the above-stated rules at page 394 of the 2018 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 4. On April 27, 2018, the department published the notice of amendment at page 849 of the 2018 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 8.
2. An error occurred when the word "biannual" was inserted into the text of the rule, instead of "biennial." The department's intent was that the licenses would be renewed every two years after the initial year of licensing. The department's statement of reasonable necessity stated, "[t]he department proposes the rule be amended to allow for the approval of two year licenses following an initial license, which includes completion of the pre-service training and the first year training modules." The rule, as amended in corrected form, reads as follows, deleted matter interlined, new matter underlined:
37.51.203 YOUTH FOSTER HOMES: LICENSURE AND RENEWAL
(1) and (2) remain as adopted.
(3) The department shall renew a youth foster home or kinship home license
biannually biennially on the expiration date of the initial year′s license if:
(a) through (5) remain as adopted.
AUTH: 52-1-103, 52-2-111, 52-2-601, 52-2-621, 52-2-622, MCA
IMP: 52-1-103, 52-2-111, 52-2-601, 52-2-621, 52-2-622, MCA
3. The replacement pages for this corrected notice will be submitted to the Secretary of State on September 30, 2019.
/s/ Caroline Warne /s/ Sheila Hogan
Caroline Warne Sheila Hogan, Director
Rule Reviewer Public Health and Human Services
Certified to the Secretary of State September 10, 2019.