(1) Operators and artists must complete formal training in at least general sanitation, first aid, and universal precautions for preventing the transmission of blood-borne pathogens before licensure. Training may be provided by the department, its designee, or an organization approved by the department or its designee as having adequate content in each subject.
(2) Operators and artists must maintain current training certification with approved providers for first aid, and universal precautions for preventing the transmission of blood-borne pathogens and follow certifying organizations guidelines for expiration and renewal.
(3) Guest artists and new artists must complete formal training and provide the inspecting authority with documentation of this training prior to working in a licensed facility.
(4) Equivalent formal training that is not provided by the department or its designee may be permitted if the training contains the same subject matter requirements as specified in (1), and the department or its designee has approved the training.
(5) Each formal training course must provide written documentation to trainees indicating successful completion the course.