(1) The department may enter into agreements to provide supplemental feeding for pheasants during extreme winter weather conditions in Sheridan, Daniels, and Roosevelt counties.
(2) The department will authorize supplemental feeding when 90% or more of the naturally occurring food sources are covered with snow and ice, such that pheasants are unable to obtain food for a period of five or more days.
(3) Supplemental feeding will be done only within areas 1/4 mile or closer to effective winter cover.
(4) The department shall not enter into agreements for supplemental feeding on lands leased or closed for hunting, on shooting preserves, or during open pheasant season.
(5) Feeding will stop when conditions moderate.
(6) Feeding operations will terminate no later than March 31.