(1) At its discretion, the department may issue permits for emergency travel.
(2) The party requesting the emergency move shall contact the Department of Transportation, M.C.S. Division, for authorization of the emergency move.
(3) Emergency travel may be granted under the following conditions:
(a) acts of nature;
(c) highway accidents.
(4) The Department of Transportation may require safety devices, flag vehicle requirements, and routes of travel.
(5) A special permit shall be required when performing an emergency move.
(6) The Motor Carrier Services Division administrator or designee may exempt the following vehicles from restricted hours of operation in an emergency situation:
(a) government vehicles; and
(b) private sector vehicles providing the same services as government vehicles.
(7) Emergency vehicles traveling at night must be equipped with lights the full width and length of the vehicle and load which are visible for not less than 500 feet under normal atmospheric conditions at night.