(1) The examinations required are defined in 37-67-327, MCA.
(2) Applicants for the Fundamentals of Engineering exam may register directly with NCEES without prior approval of the board.
(3) Applicants for the Fundamentals of Land Surveying, Principles and Practices of Engineering, and Principles and Practices of Land Surveying exams must be approved by the board prior to registering with NCEES to take the examination.
(4) An applicant who wishes to reschedule an exam other than the Fundamentals of Engineering exam, shall pay an exam reschedule fee specified by ARM 24.183.404.
(5) A candidate failing to pass any exam, other than the Fundamentals of Engineering exam, may re-take the examination upon payment of the reexamination fee specified by ARM 24.183.404.
(6) The minimum passing score for the Montana state-specific land surveyor exam shall be 70 percent.
(7) An examinee who fails the Montana state-specific land surveyor exam may:
(a) request a diagnostic report on the exam results within 60 days after the date of notification of the failure; and
(b) re-take the exam as many as two times within two years of the date on which the applicant is approved to take the exam.
(8) An applicant who fails the Montana state-specific land surveyor examination three times or whose application expires may reapply two years after the third failure or the application expiration date. Staff may approve the new application.