23.16.1717 SALE OF SPORTS TAB GAMES BY SPORTS TAB GAME SELLERS - COLLECTION OF TAX
(1) A sports tab game shall be sold only by a licensed sports tab game seller. Sports tab game sellers shall only sell sports tab games that meet the requirements of statute and rule.
(2) A sports tab game seller, either in the conduct of acquiring or selling sports tab games, or in the carrying on of the business and financial arrangements incidental to acquiring or selling sports tab games, shall not pose a threat to the public interest of the state; pose a threat to the effective regulation and control of gambling; or create a danger of illegal practices, methods, or activities.
(3) Before a sports tab game may be sold to a sponsor, the sports tab game seller shall affix a sports tab decal provided by the department in a conspicuous location on the front of the sports tab card. Once affixed, the decal may not be tampered with by any person.
(4) The licensed sports tab game seller shall obtain sports tab decals by submitting a request to the department on a form provided by the department. Upon receipt of the form, the department shall issue sports tab game decals to the sports tab game seller at no cost.
(5) The sports tab game seller shall collect a tax of $1 from the sponsor for each 100 sports tabs sold.
History: 23-5-115, MCA; IMP, 23-5-502, MCA; TEMP, NEW, 1991 MAR p. 1942, Eff. 10/18/91; AMD, 1998 MAR p. 1176, Eff. 5/1/98.