24.121.403 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
(1) Applicants for all licensure types shall submit to the board a completed application, on forms prescribed by the board, including all required fees and documentation.
(2) Applications received by the board will be reviewed for completeness. If the application is not complete, the applicant has one year in which to supply the remaining information or documents. If the application is not completed within one year, the application times out, and the applicant shall be required to submit a new application package and fees.
(3) All licensees, including salons, shops, and schools shall display all licenses conspicuously for members of the public to view. The address on the personal license may be covered.
(a) Booth renters shall display conspicuously at their working areas all current licenses and a clear legible sign, of at least six inches by three inches, stating that the booth/station is a booth rental and is rented by the booth renter.
(b) Booth renters shall clearly label all other areas of the salon or shop maintained by the renter including, but not limited to, retail, "roll-abouts", carts, and manicure tables.
(4) Licensees shall ensure that their correct name and current mailing address is on file with the board by notifying the board of changes in name or address in writing within 30 days, and including the licensee's name, profession, and license number.
(5) Licenses must not be defaced or altered.
(6) Licensees shall immediately notify the board of lost, damaged, or destroyed licenses and obtain a duplicate license by submitting a written request and appropriate fees to the board or through the board's web site.
(7) All licensees practicing barbering, cosmetology, electrology, esthetics, or manicuring shall provide a suitable place equipped to provide adequate services to clients, as specified in rule, and subject to inspection by the department or board designee.
(8) Licensees seeking to offer mechanical exfoliation or microdermabrasion services shall obtain an endorsement by the board prior to practicing.
(a) To obtain an endorsement, licensees shall complete an additional 50 hours of continuing education in the field of microdermabrasion as follows:
(i) histology of the skin;
(iii) client consultation and protection;
(iv) client pre-care and post-care;
(v) product knowledge;
(vi) theory of technical application of microdermabrasion;
(vii) sanitation and safety;
(viii) disposal of waste products; and
(ix) practical application and observation.
(b) A minimum of 50 percent of the required hours must be taught in theory.
(9) Licensees shall submit to the board a notarized copy of a certificate of completion of training for each machine or device to be used by the licensee. Each certificate must include:
(a) licensee name;
(b) date training was completed;
(c) number of hours of training;
(d) name of manufacturer; and
(e) model number of the machine.
(10) Licensees shall advise clients of the necessity for protection of the skin prior to and following an exfoliation procedure.
History: 37-1-131, 37-31-203, MCA; IMP, 37-31-301, 37-31-302, 37-31-303, 37-31-304, 37-31-305, 37-31-309, 37-31-311, MCA; NEW, 2005 MAR p. 99, Eff. 11/19/04; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 616, Eff. 3/23/12; AMD, 2015 MAR p. 1198, Eff. 8/14/15.