(1) "Board approved program" means any massage therapy program that meets or exceeds the curriculum guidelines as provided for in 37-33-502, MCA.
(2) "MBLEx" means massage and bodywork licensing examination.
(3) "NCETM" means national certification examination for therapeutic massage.
(4) "NCETMB" means national certification examination for therapeutic massage and bodywork.
(5) "NESL" means national examination for state licensing as provided by the NCBTMB.
(6) "School-sanctioned activity" for purposes of 37-33-404, MCA, means an activity:
(a) that is approved, endorsed, or provided by the board-approved program in which the student is enrolled;
(b) the purpose of which is to allow students to practice their massage therapy skills under particular, limited circumstances; and
(c) that does not allow or facilitate a student to establish a massage therapy practice or avoid licensure.
(7) "Supervision," for the purposes of 37-33-404, MCA, means the oversight and review of the student's work to a degree necessary to ensure the protection of the health, safety, and welfare of the public, but not to a degree less than the immediate and constant availability of the supervisor via telephone, throughout the school-sanctioned activity.
(8) For purposes of 37-33-501, MCA, a license that "has lapsed and has not been revived" means an "expired license" as defined in ARM 24.101.402.
History: 37-1-131, 37-33-405, MCA; IMP, 37-1-141, 37-33-404, 37-33-501, 37-33-502, MCA; NEW, 2010 MAR p. 746, Eff. 3/26/10; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 1185, Eff. 5/14/10; AMD, 2010 MAR, p. 2382, Eff. 10/15/10; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 1397, Eff. 6/27/14.