24.174.604 PRECEPTOR REQUIREMENTS
(1) Each pharmacist preceptor shall:
(a) apply for board approval to be a preceptor;
(b) have been actively engaged in:
(i) the practice of pharmacy for one year, unless otherwise approved by the board; or
(ii) other approved disciplines;
(c) be engaged in active practice while acting as preceptor;
(d) not have been convicted of violation of any statutes or rules relating to pharmacy within three years prior to application;
(e) be acutely aware of the responsibilities governing professional conduct in this state;
(f) have current knowledge of developments in the profession by exhibiting such attendances, readings, and actions, which conform to the best traditions of pharmacy;
(g) make such reports and certifications as required under the approved program;
(h) notify the board of any change of address or employment within 30 days. Change of employment shall serve to suspend preceptor approval until such time as reevaluation is made by the board;
(i) not be permitted to leave an intern work alone to assume the responsibility of a pharmacist; and
(j) complete a training course as approved by the board.
(2) The repackaging, labeling, and dispensing of drugs for distribution shall be under the supervision of a supervising pharmacist.
(3) A supervising pharmacist may only supervise one student in introductory pharmacy practice experience (IPPE) at any time.
(4) A supervising pharmacist may supervise no more than three persons at one time (including technicians, interns, and students), unless an exception is specifically granted by the board.
(5) A pharmacist preceptor may supervise two students at a time if the students are completing an advanced pharmacy practice experience (APPE) through an approved school of pharmacy.
(6) A preceptor may precept more than one intern at a time.
History: 37-7-201, MCA; IMP, 37-7-201, MCA; NEW, Eff. 5/20/72; AMD, 1977 MAR p. 106, Eff. 9/23/77; AMD, 1980 MAR p. 126, Eff. 1/18/80; TRANS, from Dept. of Prof. & Occup. Lic., Ch. 274, L. 1981, Eff. 7/1/81; AMD, 1997 MAR p. 2060, Eff. 11/18/97; AMD, 2001 MAR p. 783, Eff. 5/11/01; AMD, 2002 MAR p. 178, Eff. 2/1/02; TRANS, from Commerce, 2002 MAR p. 904; AMD, 2002 MAR p. 3605, Eff. 12/27/02; AMD, 2007 MAR p. 1936, Eff. 11/22/07; AMD, 2011 MAR p. 1148, Eff. 6/24/11.