24.174.703 USE OF PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
(1) A pharmacy technician may not perform tasks which require the exercise of the pharmacist's independent professional judgment, including but not limited to, patient counseling, drug product selection, drug interaction review or drug regimen review.
(2) When a pharmacist is not in the prescription department, there shall be no dispensing of new prescriptions that the pharmacist has checked and that are waiting to be picked up, nor shall counseling be provided by the pharmacy technician.
(3) No medication may be released to a patient without review by a registered pharmacist for the accuracy and appropriateness of the prescription drug order.
(4) All technicians and auxiliary staff shall be made visually identifiable by name and job title utilizing letters of 16 point or larger on a name badge.
(5) All pharmacy technician licenses and technician-in-training permits must be conspicuously displayed at all times in the place of business.
History: 37-7-201, MCA; IMP, 37-7-101, 37-7-201, 37-7-301, 37-7-307, MCA; NEW, 1992 MAR p. 1608, Eff. 7/31/92; AMD, 2000 MAR p. 2005, Eff. 7/28/00; AMD, 2002 MAR p. 86, Eff. 1/18/02; TRANS, from Commerce, 2002 MAR p. 904; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 74, Eff. 1/15/10.