24.219.1003 EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PERFORMING PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSESSMENTS WITHOUT SUPERVISION
(1) Except as provided in (3), (4), and (5), a licensed clinical professional counselor or licensed clinical social worker may engage in psychological assessments without supervision only if the licensee has completed and can document to the board, if requested, the following information demonstrating generic and specific qualifications to perform psychological assessments:
(a) academic training at the graduate or postgraduate level from a regionally accredited program that covered:
(i) descriptive statistics;
(ii) reliability and measurement error;
(iii) validity and meaning of test scores;
(iv) normative interpretation of test scores;
(v) selection of appropriate tests;
(vi) test administration procedures;
(vii) ethnic, racial, cultural, gender, age, and linguistic variables; and
(viii) testing individuals with disabilities; and
(b) a signed statement from a professional qualified to supervise psychological assessments as set forth in ARM 24.219.2002(1)(a) or (c) that the supervised licensee has met the requirements to use psychological tests as set forth in this rule.
(2) For purposes of this rule, "regionally accredited program" means a program accredited by one of the seven regional accreditation agencies recognized by the United States Department of Education.
(3) A credentialing level designated and approved by statute for psychological assessments meets the requirements as set out in (1). For example, 46-18-111, MCA, authorizes members of the Montana sex offender treatment association to perform psychosexual evaluations.
(4) A licensed clinical professional counselor or licensed clinical social worker whose education was not from a regionally accredited program must obtain board approval before conducting psychological assessments. The licensee must demonstrate their education is substantially equivalent to the content set out in (1).
(5) A licensed clinical professional counselor or licensed clinical social worker is qualified to perform psychological assessments and is not required to demonstrate that the licensee has met the qualifications set forth in (1) if the licensee performed psychological assessments prior to December 25, 2015.
History: 37-17-104, MCA; 37-17-104, MCA; NEW, 2015 MAR p. 2276, Eff. 12/25/15.