24.219.5008 LAC SUPERVISED WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
(1) Applicants applying under ARM 24.219.5006 must meet the supervised work experience requirement which includes:
(a) a minimum of seven months and 1000 hours of supervised work experience hours in an addiction counseling qualified treatment program as defined in ARM 24.219.5010; and
(b) the criteria for supervised work experience in ARM 24.219.301.
(2) As part of the required hours in (1) at least 500 hours must be in the following skill areas under face-to-face supervision by the supervisor:
(a) screening, minimum of 30 hours;
(b) assessment/patient placement, minimum of 100 hours;
(c) treatment planning, minimum of 50 hours;
(d) referrals, minimum of 20 hours;
(e) case management, minimum of 50 hours;
(f) individual counseling, minimum of 60 hours;
(g) group counseling, minimum of 100 hours;
(h) client education, minimum of 35 hours;
(i) documentation, minimum of 35 hours;
(j) professional and ethical responsibilities, minimum of 10 hours; and
(k) multicultural competency, minimum of 10 hours.
(3) The 1000 hours of supervised work experience must be completed in not more than two different qualified treatment programs.
(4) Candidates must clearly indicate they are an addiction counselor licensure candidate in all professional and private communications.
(5) When an LAC candidate completes the requirements of (1) and (2) of this rule, the candidate will qualify for the examination per ARM 24.219.5020. Upon proof of passage of the examination, a candidate will be issued an LAC license without further application.
History: 37-1-131, 37-35-103, 37-35-202, MCA; IMP, 37-1-131, 37-35-103, 37-35-202, MCA; NEW, 1998 MAR p. 1408, Eff. 5/29/98; TRANS, from Commerce, 2008 MAR p. 380; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 1688, Eff. 9/20/13; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 118, Eff. 1/17/14; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 1457, Eff. 8/20/16; TRANS from ARM 24.154.409, 2019 MAR p. 207, Eff. 2/23/19; AMD, 2019 MAR p. 2371, Eff. 12/28/19.