32.3.221 SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALTERNATIVE LIVESTOCK
(1) All sexually intact alternative livestock six months of age and older imported into Montana must be either test-negative for brucellosis within 30 days prior to importation or originate from a brucellosis certified free herd.
(a) The brucellosis test must be a type approved by the state veterinarian.
(2) Noncervid alternative livestock require a negative tuberculosis test on all animals two months of age and older within 60 days prior to importation.
(3) All cervids two months of age and older require one of the following:
(a) one negative approved tuberculosis test on all sexually intact animals within 90 days prior to importation and part of a whole herd test within the last 12 months; or
(b) one negative approved tuberculosis test on all sexually intact animals within 90 days prior to importation and must originate directly from an accredited tuberculosis free herd.
(4) Animals less than two months of age must be quarantined for testing between two and four months of age.
(5) Tuberculosis tests must be a type approved by the state veterinarian.
(6) All test results, including herd accreditation numbers and dates of herd tests if applicable, shall be recorded on or attached to all copies of the animal's health certificate.
History: 81-2-102, 81-2-103, 81-2-707, MCA; IMP, 81-2-102, 81-2-103, 81-2-703, 81-2-707, MCA; NEW, 1982 MAR p. 605, Eff. 3/26/82; AMD, 1996 MAR p. 2300, Eff. 8/23/96; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 1262, Eff. 6/22/12; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 2955, Eff. 12/12/14; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 889, Eff. 5/21/16.