37.86.4412 RURAL HEALTH CLINICS AND FEDERALLY QUALIFIED HEALTH CENTERS, REIMBURSEMENT
(1) This subchapter specifies requirements applicable to provision of and reimbursement for RHC and FQHC services. These rules are in addition to requirements generally applicable to medicaid providers as otherwise provided in state and federal statute, rules, regulations and policies.
(2) Unless otherwise provided in these rules, this subchapter applies to rate years beginning on or after January 1, 2001. Reimbursement and other substantive RHC and FQHC requirements for earlier periods are subject to the laws, regulations, rules and policies then in effect. Procedural and other non-substantive provisions of these rules are effective upon adoption.
(3) All RHCs and FQHCs will be reimbursed on a prospective payment system beginning January 1, 2001 and each succeeding calendar year. The prospective payment system will apply equally to provider based and independent RHCs and FQHCs.
(4) On January 1 of each succeeding calendar year, the rate for the preceding year must be adjusted by the percentage increase in the medicare economic index (MEI) applicable to primary care services for that calendar year.
(5) The department will reimburse the RHC or FQHC for the rate change in (4) retroactive to the effective date of January 1 of the calendar year, beginning with January 1, 2002.
(6) For clinics or centers that had their initial medicaid prospective system base visit rate calculated in 2001 or starting with the third fiscal year (for "new" clinics or centers as defined at ARM 37.86.4413), the prospective payment per visit rate may be adjusted to take into account any increase or decrease in the scope of service.
(a) The department will determine the new rate according to the following formula:
(i) "NR" represents the new reimbursement rate adjusted for the increase or decrease in the scope of service;
(ii) "R" represents the present outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS) medicaid rate;
(iii) "PV" represents the present number of total visits which is the total number of visits for the RHC or FQHC during the 12-month time period prior to the change in scope of service;
(iv) "C" represents the expected change in costs due to the change in scope of service; and
(v) "CV" represents the expected change in the number of visits due to the change in scope of service.
History: Sec. 53-2-201 and 53-6-113, MCA; IMP, Sec. 53-6-101, 53-6-111 and 53-6-113, MCA; NEW, 1998 MAR p. 2045, Eff. 7/31/98; TRANS, from SRS, 2000 MAR p. 481; AMD, 2001 MAR p. 2043, Eff. 10/12/01; AMD, 2005 MAR p. 975, Eff. 6/17/05.