37.99.152 PRIVATE ALTERNATIVE ADOLESCENT RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMS: STAFF
(1) Each program must maintain the minimum program participant to awake-staff ratios:
(a) from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., eight program participants to one staff;
(b) from 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., or any other reasonable eight-hour period of time when program participants are generally sleeping, 16 program participants to one staff; and
(c) programs must have at least one awake night staff in each building housing program participants regardless of the number of participants.
(2) Outdoor programs must meet staff ratios defined in ARM 37.99.210.
(3) During regular school hours when program participants are not normally present, at least one on-call staff must be available for duty within 30 minutes of notification that they are needed.
(4) The program must have a policy that specifies a nighttime safety protocol that outlines program staff responsibility for monitoring the program participants.
(5) Sufficient staff must be employed to meet the supervision needs of the program participants and implement each program participant's individualized case plan.
(6) Mental health professionals must be licensed as defined in this rule and be employed in sufficient number to meet the mental health needs of program participants as outlined in the program description.
(7) A registered nurse or licensed practical nurse must be employed to meet the needs of the program participants as outlined in the program description.
(8) Any program that includes in its program description, marketing, advertising, information packet, or other similar document reference to providing chemical dependency services must employ licensed addiction counselors in sufficient number to meet the needs of the program participants.
History: 52-2-803, 52-2-805, MCA; IMP, 52-2-803, 52-2-805, 52-2-809, MCA; NEW, 2019 MAR p. 2029, Eff. 11/9/19.