37.99.201 PRIVATE OUTDOOR PROGRAMS: DEFINITIONS
(1) "Administrative office" means the office where business operations, public relations, and management procedures take place.
(2) "Expedition" means an excursion undertaken for specific treatment purposes that takes the program participant away from the field office.
(3) "Expedition camp" means a nonpermanent campsite. Program participants and staff may move from one expedition camp to another when on expedition.
(4) "Field office" means the office where all coordination of expedition operations takes place.
(5) "Global position system (GPS) receiver" means a receiver which receives signals from a network of satellites known as the global positioning system, or GPS, which identifies the receiver's location by:
(b) longitude; and
(c) altitude to within a few hundred feet.
(6) "High adventure activity" means an outdoor activity provided to program participants for the purposes of behavior management or treatment and that requires specially trained staff and special safety precautions to reduce the possibility of an accident or injury.
(7) "Leave no trace principles" means wilderness and land use ethics designed to minimize the impact of visitors on back country areas.
(8) "Residential outdoor program" means a program at designated stationary sites including permanent buildings where the program participants reside.
(9) "Solo experience" means separation of a program participant from the group as part of the outdoor therapeutic process, not including a time-out.
(10) "Water cache" means storing away water in hiding or for future use.
(11) "Wilderness first responder" means a licensed first responder with the medical training course for outdoor professionals as offered by the National Association for Search and Rescue.
History: 52-2-803, 52-2-805, MCA; IMP, 52-2-802, 52-2-803, 52-2-805, MCA; NEW, 2019 MAR p. 2029, Eff. 11/9/19.