BEFORE THE BOARD OF ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 17.8.102 pertaining to incorporation by reference of current federal regulations and other materials into air quality rules
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On September 7, 2012, at 2:30 p.m., the Board of Environmental Review will hold a public hearing in Room 111, Metcalf Building, 1520 East Sixth Avenue, Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The board will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this public hearing or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact Elois Johnson, Paralegal, no later than 5:00 p.m., August 27, 2012, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Elois Johnson at Department of Environmental Quality, P.O. Box 200901, Helena, Montana 59620-0901; phone (406) 444-2630; fax (406) 444-4386; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The rule proposed to be amended provides as follows, stricken matter interlined, new matter underlined:
17.8.102 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE--PUBLICATION DATES
(1) In this chapter where the board has:
(a) adopted a federal regulation by reference, the reference is to the July 1,
2009 2010, edition of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR);
(b) adopted a section of the United States Code (USC) by reference, the reference is to the 2006 edition of the USC and Supplement
II IV ( 2009 2010);
(c) adopted another rule of the department or of another agency of the state of Montana by reference, the reference is to the December 31,
2009 2010, edition of the Administrative Rules of Montana (ARM).
(2) through (3)(c) remain the same.
AUTH: 75-2-111, MCA
IMP: Title 75, chapter 2, MCA
REASON: The board is proposing to amend the air quality rules to adopt the current editions of federal and state statutes and regulations that are incorporated by reference in the rules. The board is proposing to amend ARM 17.8.102(1) to adopt revisions which were published in the July 1, 2010, edition of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), the 2006 edition of the United States Code (USC) Supplement IV (2010), and the 2010 edition of the Administrative Rules of Montana (ARM). The board adopts and incorporates by reference federal regulation to ensure that Montana's air quality rules are at least as stringent as federal air quality regulations, to maintain primacy, to maintain federal delegation of Montana's air quality program, and to implement federal emission standards pursuant to a federal program of emissions control.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments, either orally or in writing, at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to Elois Johnson, Paralegal, Department of Environmental Quality, 1520 E. Sixth Avenue, P.O. Box 200901, Helena, Montana 59620-0901; faxed to (406) 444-4386; or e-mailed to email@example.com, no later than 5:00 p.m., September 14, 2012. To be guaranteed consideration, mailed comments must be postmarked on or before that date.
5. Katherine Orr, attorney for the board, or another attorney for the Agency Legal Services Bureau, has been designated to preside over and conduct the hearing.
6. The board maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies that the person wishes to receive notices regarding: air quality; hazardous waste/waste oil; asbestos control; water/wastewater treatment plant operator certification; solid waste; junk vehicles; infectious waste; public water supply; public sewage systems regulation; hard rock (metal) mine reclamation; major facility siting; opencut mine reclamation; strip mine reclamation; subdivisions; renewable energy grants/loans; wastewater treatment or safe drinking water revolving grants and loans; water quality; CECRA; underground/above ground storage tanks; MEPA; or general procedural rules other than MEPA. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to Elois Johnson, Paralegal, Department of Environmental Quality, 1520 E. Sixth Ave., P.O. Box 200901, Helena, Montana 59620-0901, faxed to the office at (406) 444-4386, e-mailed to Elois Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the board.
7. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
Reviewed by: BOARD OF ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW
/s/ John F. North BY: /s/ Joseph W. Russell
JOHN F. NORTH JOSEPH W. RUSSELL, M.P.H.,
Rule Reviewer Chairman
Certified to the Secretary of State, July 30, 2012.