BEFORE THE SECRETARY OF STATE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the repeal of Temporary Emergency Rule I pertaining to Electronic Notary Stamps
NOTICE OF REPEAL OF TEMPORARY EMERGENCY RULE
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On April 17, 2020, the Secretary of State published MAR Notice No. 44-2-238 regarding the adoption of a temporary emergency rule at page 704 of the 2020 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 7. The temporary emergency rule was originally filed on April 8, 2020, and became effective on that date.
2. The conditions described in the Governor's March 15, 2020 directive no longer exist, and on May 19, 2020, the Governor issued a new directive establishing conditions for Phase Two. The Office of the Secretary of State has determined that the temporary emergency rule is no longer needed. The Office of the Secretary of State has an immediate effective date based on a request from the legislature.
3. The Office of the Secretary of State maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request.
4. The Office of the Secretary of State will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Secretary of State to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Austin James, telephone (406) 444-6197; fax (406) 444-3976; TDD/Montana Relay Service (406) 444-9068; or e-mail Austin.James@mt.gov.
5. The repeal of the temporary emergency rule is effective June 18, 2020.
6. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
/s/ Austin James__ /s/ Dana Corson
Austin James Dana Corson
Rule Reviewer Director
Attorney Office of Secretary of State
Dated June 18, 2020.